6 Moly Grades are well suited for applications related to chemical processing, heat exchangers, desalinization and more. The most common 6 Moly grades for piping products are 254SMO (UNS S31254) and AL6XN (UNS NO8367). Plate materials are generally available in both grades from stock, enabling reduced manufacturing times.
Additional Services can be performed including:
- Grinding of OD/ID Weld Area
- Hydro Testing
- UT Testing
- Charpy Testing
Penn Stainless Stocks a wide range of products available in 6 Moly Grade (Alloy 254 SMO), including:
Please contact us directly with technical questions.
- Seawater handling equipment; heat exchanger, cooling water pipes
- Pulp mill bleach systems; drums, vats and press rolls.
- Tall oil distillation columns and equipment
- Chemical processing equipment
- Food processing equipment
- Desalination equipment
- Flue gas desulphurization scrubbers
- Oil and gas production equipment
- Tanks and pipelines for various chemicals with high halide levels
Moly 6 alloys are known for their good thermal & electrical conducitivities, high density, high melting point, and greater stiffness than steel. These characteristics make it the ideal alloy for use in high temperatures, above 1100°C , which is higher than steels and nickel-based superalloys.
With its high levels of chromium, molybdenum, and nitrogen, 6 Moly alloys have excellent resistance to a wide range of chemicals. These alloys are especially suited for high chloride environments such as brackish water, seawater, pulp mill bleach plants and other high chloride process streams. They provide a cost-efficient alternative to nickel-based alloys and titanium.
- High resistance to pitting, crevice and general corrosion.
- Very high resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking.
- 50% stronger than 300-series austenitic stainless steels.
- Excellent impact toughness.
- Excellent workability and weldability.
Call us at 1-800-222-6144 for more information