The ASTM A276 specification covers hot -finished or cold-finished stainless steel bars, except bars for reforging. More specifically, the ASTM 276 specification encompasses the following products in the more commonly used types of stainless steel:
- Stainless Steel Bars, including round bars, square bars, and hex bars, rolled flat bars, sheared & edged bars, half round bars.
- Stainless Steel hot rolled or extruded structural shapes, including angles, tees, channels, beams, and unequal angles.
The bars shall be furnished in one of the following conditions:
- Condition A in which the bars are annealed
- Condition H in which the bars are hardened and tempered at a relative temperature
- Condition T in which the bars are hardened and tempered at a relatively high temperature
- Condition S in which the bars are strain hardened or relatively light cold worked
- Condition B in which the bars are relatively severe cold worked.
The material shall be subjected to a mechanical test to determine its tensile strength, yield strength, elongation, and Brinell hardness