Penn Stainless inventory includes Prodec 304/304L (UNS S30400 / S30403) in stainless steel plate products.
Prodec Alloy 304/304L is an improved version of standard 304/304L processed for improved machinability and outstanding uniformity. This alloy offers faster machining speeds, longer tool life, improved part quality and lower total cost of machined parts. Prodec 304/304L is nonmagnetic in the annealed condition, but may become slightly magnetic as a result of cold working or welding.
Specifications: UNS S30400, UNS S30403
Prodec 304/304L Stainless Steel is used in a wide variety of home and commercial applications, including:
- Chemical process equipment
- Food and beverage industry
- ASTM/ASME: UNS S30400 / S30403
- EURONORM: 1.4301 / 1.4307
- Prodec 304/304L is a versatile, general purpose stainless steel with good resistance to atmospheric corrosion, to many organic and inorganic chemicals, and to food and beverages.
- It has also been used in vacuum processing equipment and specialized instruments where high integrity is essential.
- Good oxidation resistance in intermittent service to 1600°F and in continuous service to 1690°F.
- Continuous use of 304 in the 800-1580°F range is not recommended if subsequent aqueous corrosion resistance is important.
Properties of 304 Alloy
- readily welded by full range of conventional welding procedures except oxyacetylene.
- AWS E308L/ ER308L filler metal should be used with Prodec 304/304L steel.
- offers faster machining speeds, longer tool life, improved part quality and lower total cost of machined parts.
|Tensile Strength, ksi||ksi||85||75|
|Yield Strength, ksi||ksi||35||30|
|Elonation in 2 inches, %||%||60||40|
|Reduction of area, %||%||70||-|
(BTU/h ft. °F)
(in x 10-6)
(psi x 106
°F x 10-6
|at 68°F: 0.285||8.7 at 212°F||27.6 at 68°F||29||9.4 at 32 – 212°F||0.1200 at 68°F to 212°F||2500 to 2590|
|10.2 at 32 – 1000°F|
|10.4 at 32 – 1500°F|
Call us at 1-800-222-6144 for more information