Hastelloy© Alloy C276 (UNS N10276)
Penn Stainless can supply Hastelloy Alloy C276 in seamless and welded pipe and tube products. Custom products can be supplied in Hastelloy© C276
Hastelloy C-276 alloy is a nickel-molybdenum-chromium wrought alloy that is generally considered a versatile corrosion-resistance alloy in many pipe and tube applications. Many industries have traditionally turned to Hastelloy C-276 alloy, as result of years of outstanding performance in a variety of industrial applications.
- Digesters and bleach plants in the paper industry.
- Components exposed to sour gas.
- Equipment for flue-gas desulfurisation plants.
- Evaporators, heat exchangers, filters and mixers used in sulfuric acid environments.
- Sulfuric acid reactors.
- Organic chloride process equipment.
- Equipment for processes utilizing halide or acid catalysts.
ASTM/ASTE……….. UNS N10276
- C-276 alloy has excellent resistance to localized corrosion and to both oxidizing and reducing media. Because of its versatility, C-276 alloy can be used where “upset” conditions are likely to occur or in multipurpose plants.
- C-276 alloy has excellent resistance to a wide variety of chemical process environments, including strong oxidizers such as ferric and cupric chlorides, hot contaminated media (organic and inorganic), chlorine, formic and acetic acids, acetic anhydride, and seawater and brine solutions.
- C-276 alloy can be forged, hot-upset, and impact extruded. Although the alloy tends to work-harden, it can be successfully deep-drawn, spun, press formed or punched. All of the common methods of welding can be used to weld HASTELLOY C-276 alloy, although the oxyacetylene process is not recommended. Special precautions should be taken to avoid excessive heat input.
- Wrought forms of C-276 alloy are furnished in the solution heat-treated condition unless otherwise specified. C-276 alloy is normally solution heat-treated condition unless otherwise specified. C-276 alloy is normally solution heat-treated at 2050°F (1121°C) and rapid quenched. If possible, parts which have been hot-formed should be solution heat-treated prior to final fabrication or installation.
||Tensile Strength (ksi) min
||Yield Strength 0.2% offset (ksi) min
||Elongation (% in 50mm) min
Thermal Expansion (min/in)-°F
|Thermal Conductivity BTU/hr-ft-°F
||Specific Heat BTU/lbm -°F
|at 68 °F
||at 68 – 212°F
||at 68 – 212°F
(20 – 100°C)
|at 32 – 212°F
Call us at 1-800-222-6144 for more information