Incoloy alloy 825 is a nickel iron chromium alloy with of molybdenum, copper and titanium, with outstanding resistance to many aggressive corrosion environments.
Some of the major applications of nickel alloy 825 are:
• Sulphuric acid piping and vessels
• Phosphoric acid evaporators
• Pickling tank heaters, pickling tanks and equipment
• Chemical process equipment
• Propellor shafts
• Tank trucks
• Electrostatic precipitator electrodes
• Hot vessels for food, water and seawater,
• ammonium sulphate vessels
• Expansion bellows
• Marine exhaust systems
• Power station ash hoppers
- Incoloy 825 posesses excellent corrosion resistance. In reducing & oxidizing conditions, Incoloy 825 resists general corrosion, pitting & crevice corrosion, intergranular corrosion and stress corrosion cracking. This is especially helpful in sulphuric & phosphoric acids, sulphur containing flue gases, sour gas and oil wells and sea water.
- Welding of grade 825 stainless steels can be performed using all conventional methods.
- Incoloy 825 is stabilise annealed at 940°C. The softest structure is obtained at 980°C. Sections heavier than sheet, strip and wire should be quenched to avoid sensitisation.