The ASTM A276 specification covers hot -finished or cold-finished stainless steel bars, except bars for reforging. More specifically, the ASTM 276 specification encompasses the following products in the more commonly used types of stainless steel:
- Stainless Steel Bars, including round bars, square bars, and hex bars, rolled flat bars, sheared & edged bars, half round bars.
- Stainless Steel hot rolled or extruded structural shapes, including angles, tees, channels, beams, and unequal angles.
The bars shall be furnished in one of the following conditions:
- Condition A in which the bars are annealed
- Condition H in which the bars are hardened and tempered at a relative temperature
- Condition T in which the bars are hardened and tempered at a relatively high temperature
- Condition S in which the bars are strain hardened or relatively light cold worked
- Condition B in which the bars are relatively severe cold worked.
The material shall be subjected to a mechanical test to determine its tensile strength, yield strength, elongation, and Brinell hardness
At Penn Stainless, all of our products can be ordered to ASTM, ASME, AMS, UNS, MILS, ANSI, and more. Please see our product pages or contact us directly for more information.
Please see the ASTM Site for the official version of the specification.