The ASTM A813 specification covers two types of fit-up & alignment quality straight-seam single- or double-welded austenitic steel pipe. Additionally, ASTM A813 characteristics include:
- Intended for high-temperature and general corrosive applications
- Must meet required chemical composition and tensile property specifications
- Both ends of the double-welded pipe is visually checked to ensure fusion is attained between the two welds.
- Tension tests are performed on one pipe, per hundred pipes produced.
- The pipe undergoes a non-destructive electric test or hydrostatic test.
At Penn Stainless, all of our products can be ordered to ASTM, ASME, AMS, UNS, MILS, ANSI, and more. Please see our product pages or contact us directly for more information.
Please see the ASTM Site for additional information regardng this specification.