6 Moly Grades
6 Moly Grades are well suited for applications related to chemical processing, heat exchangers, desalinization and more. The most common 6 Moly grades for piping products are 254SMO (UNS S31254) and AL6XN (UNS NO8367). Plate materials are generally available in both grades from stock, enabling reduced manufacturing times.
- Grinding of OD/ID Weld Area
- Hydro Testing
- UT Testing
- Charpy Testing
Penn Stainless Stocks a wide range of products available in 6 Moly Grade (Alloy 254 SMO), including:
|Stainless Steel 6 Moly Products|
|Stainless Steel Plate||Plate Mill Plate||More Information|
|Stainless Steel Sheet||2B/2D Finish||More Information|
|Stainless Steel Bar||Bar products maybe available upon request.||More Information|
|Stainless Steel Tubular||Tubular Products maybe available upon request on 254 SMO||More Information|
Please contact us directly with technical questions.
- Seawater handling equipment; heat exchanger, cooling water pipes
- Pulp mill bleach systems; drums, vats and press rolls.
- Tall oil distillation columns and equipment
- Chemical processing equipment
- Food processing equipment
- Desalination equipment
- Flue gas desulphurization scrubbers
- Oil and gas production equipment
- Tanks and pipelines for various chemicals with high halide levels
Moly 6 alloys are known for their good thermal & electrical conducitivities, high density, high melting point, and greater stiffness than steel. These characteristics make it the ideal alloy for use in high temperatures, above 1100°C , which is higher than steels and nickel-based superalloys.
With its high levels of chromium, molybdenum, and nitrogen, 6 Moly alloys have excellent resistance to a wide range of chemicals. These alloys are especially suited for high chloride environments such as brackish water, seawater, pulp mill bleach plants and other high chloride process streams. They provide a cost-efficient alternative to nickel-based alloys and titanium.
- High resistance to pitting, crevice and general corrosion.
- Very high resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking.
- 50% stronger than 300-series austenitic stainless steels.
- Excellent impact toughness.
- Excellent workability and weldability.
|Alloy 254||Penn Stainless inventory now includes Alloy 254 SMO (UNS S31254) in sheet, sheet coil, plate, round bar, processed flat bar and tubular products.||More Information|